- Vanderbilt University, J.D., 1998
- Rutgers University, B.S., 1995
- Honors Graduate
- U.S. Supreme Court
- U.S. District Court, Hawaii
- U.S. District Court, M.D. Tenn.
- Hawaii State Bar Association
- Tennessee Bar Association
- Nashville Bar Association
- The State Bar of California
- The Florida Bar
- The State Bar of Georgia
- Litigation Counsel of America
- Prevailed in multiple medical malpractice jury trials, including involving an alleged failure to timely diagnose and treat a stroke, an alleged failure to properly perform cardiac bypass surgery, an alleged failure to properly treat a pre-operative patient at a hospital, and allegedly failing to properly treat a post-gastric bypass patient.
- Obtained major settlements from a prominent, national retailer, a product manufacturer, and a separate insurance company in a products liability and negligence case that resulted in a young boy sustaining a traumatic brain injury.
- Obtained a settlement in a matter involving workplace harassment against a young, female professional at a start-up technology company.
- Obtained settlements in multiple consumer fraud actions in Hawaii, Tennessee, and Georgia regarding fraudulently represented diamonds, and which included and directly led to the dissolution of one of the world’s largest diamond certifying organizations.
- Obtained summary judgment and voluntary settlement in separate breach of contract cases involving significant real estate transactions.
CERTIFICATIONS AND AWARDS
- Rated AV Preeminent by Martindale-Hubbell. Brian has the highest rating available for attorneys. The AV rating means the lawyers peers, composed of judges and attorneys, rank him at the highest level of professional excellence.
- Multi-Million Dollar Advocates Forum, Member. Brian is a member of the Multi-Million Dollar Advocates Forum, an organization whose membership is limited to trial lawyers who have won multi-million dollar verdicts and settlements. Selection is based on strict and objective standards, recognizing trial lawyers who “have each demonstrated, in an objective and tangible way, their ability to accomplish superior results in complex cases.” Fewer than 1 percent of lawyers in the United States are members.
- Top 100 Trial Lawyers. Brian is a Member of the National Trial Lawyers: Top 100 Trial Lawyers. This is an invitation-only organization composed of the premier trial lawyers from each state who meet qualifications as a top plaintiffs’ lawyer. Membership is extended solely to the select few of the most qualified attorneys from each state who demonstrate superior reputation, leadership, influence, stature, and public profile.
- Best Lawyers in Medical Malpractice. Brian was selected by The American Lawyer for the Best Lawyers in Medical Malpractice award in 2015.
- Board Certified in Medical Malpractice. Brian is Board certified as a Medical Malpractice attorney by the American Board of Professional Liability Attorneys. He is one of less than 5 attorneys in Hawaii to earn this certification. This Board certification is earned and achieved only after having your trial experience vetted and passing a written exam.
- Fellow of the Litigation Counsel of America. Brian is a fellow of the Litigation Counsel of America. The LCA is an honorary society for trial lawyers composed of less than 1/2 of 1% of American lawyers. Membership is by invitation only. Selection is based on effectiveness and proven accomplishment in litigation as well as ethical reputation.
- Licensed to Practice Law in Multiple States. Brian is licensed to practice law in Hawaii, Tennessee, California, Georgia, and Florida. Obtaining law licenses in five different states required him to sit for and successfully pass separate written bar examinations in order to be available to clients across the country when requested.
- Awarded by Super Lawyers for 5 consecutive years., a distinction reserved for less than five percent of attorneys in each state.